In support of our customers, we have set up a resource library where we have curated relevant articles on how X-ray, CT- and AI can support the detection of COVID-19. You can read the articles by clicking on the title.
Diagnosis of COVID-19 with a CT scan/x-ray
These studies provide insight into diagnosing COVID19 on a CT scan / X-ray. The diagnostic findings on CT are ground glass cover, crazy pavement, and consolidation.
- Radiological findings from 81 patients with COVID-19 pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study
- Time Course of Lung Changes On Chest CT During Recovery From 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pneumonia
- A multinational consensus statement on the role of chest imaging in the management of patients with COVID-19 has just been published
Artificial Intelligence in diagnosing COVID 19
- Artificial intelligence (AI) can play a substantial role in the image-based diagnosis of COVID-19. AI is a promising technique that might lift some of the heavy weight of the physician’s shoulders and can help streamlining and accelerating the diagnosis of COVID-19 patients. It can also increase the specificity of CT screening, making it a promising method.
CT compared with RT-PCR
- Correlation of Chest CT and RT-PCR tests for COVID-19 in China: A Report of 1014 Cases. The study concludes that chest CT has a higher sensitivity for diagnosis of COVID-19 compared to RT-PCR and can therefore be used as a triage before RT-PCR.
- Performance of radiologists in distinguishing COVID-19 from viral pneumonia on chest CT. Radiologists can distinguished COVID-19 from viral pneumonia on chest CT with high specificity but moderate sensitivity.
COVID-19 in Africa
- Insights into Africa’s COVID-19 crisis and the possible impact, from expert point of view. Due todifficulties with social distancing the crisis is expected to get worse compared to western countries.
- South-Africa is not equipped to cope with a sudden increase in the number of patients in need of acute care. It is vital to slow the spread of Covid-19 as much as possible and flatten the patient curve.
- This study provides an adaptation of COVID-19 triage strategies for low-income setting, including anadjusted flow chart.
- What can aid agencies and aid workers do to get ready in places already struggling due to conflict or disaster?